Complete your application
Now that you have completed the online application form, select the type of student you will be in the coming semester in the navigation menu, and follow the instructions there to complete your application for admission to Baton Rouge Community College.
BRCC has an open admissions policy. Graduates of a state-approved high school, home-schooled students (Board of Elementary and Secondary Education approved programs), and individuals who have obtained the General Equivalency Diploma (GED) are all eligible for admission.
Upon admission, a student may register for courses according to published registration dates. Students should note that registration is simply the selection of classes that one wishes to take. Once a student has been admitted, has registered for their chosen courses, and has completed the payment procedure, he or she has completed the enrollment process and is officially enrolled.
Students are admitted without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical disability, marital status, or veteran status. Admission to the college does not ensure admission to a particular program of study.
Once you have been accepted to BRCC, follow the instructions below to register for classes.
Registration Instructions for LoLA
You can login here to get started. New users will be asked to do the following:
- Create a new password. Your password cannot contain your username.
- Set up a series of security questions.
- After completing the login process, register for classes by doing the following:
- Click on the link for your institution in the Self Service window
- Click the "Student Home" tab
- Click "Registration Status"—located on the far right of the screen
- Click "Submit"
- Click "Add or Drop Classes"—located at the bottom of the screen
- Click "Class Search"
- Click "Look up Classes"
- Select a semester and click "Submit"
- To search for a class, select at least one subject. Click "Class Search" when your selections are complete
- Click the selection box in the first column beside the classes you want to take
- Scroll down the bottom of the list and click "Register"
- Scroll down and click "Class Search" to add more classes
- Repeat until all needed classes are scheduled
- If you select "Return to Menu" — at the top right corner of the page — you can view/print your schedule OR review your tuition and fee bill