eLearning courses at BRCC are perfect for balancing work, family, and school. Even though the objectives of the course(s) must be met in a timely manner, students can conveniently work on assignments and other required instruction any time of the day. Other than the initial orientation, classes do not meet face-to-face.
In order to participate in eLearning courses, you will need to have a computer and internet access.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR ONLINE CLASSES
Registration Process for credit courses
- If you are a new student, go to the BRCC homepage and Click on New Students. Follow the instructions to complete the admissions process.
- If you are a current student, see your assigned advisor to be advised for classes or review your degree plan by visiting Programs and Courses
- You will be directed to go to the BRCC website to register for your online classes
a. Click on Registration
- If you are not familiar with online registration, you can ask for assistance in the following areas:
Student Open Computer Labs
- After you have scheduled your class (es), do not forget to pay your fees. You are not enrolled into the class (es) until your fees have been paid.
Finding eLearning classes on the BRCC Schedule
When looking at the Class Schedule, you can choose Session Type "Online" to bring up only online courses within the subject selected. If you want to see all online courses being offered in this particular semester, highlight all subjects (to do this click on the first subject, scroll down, then shift + click on the last subject and all subjects should be highlighted), select Session Type "Online" and click submit. All online classes offered should be displayed.
Are eLearning classes right for you?
Only you can determine if eLearning will be a good fit for you. There are plenty of resources on the internet that may help you in making that decision.
- click here to read comments from other students about things they wish they had known regarding eLearning
- To take an online readiness assessment, click here
- click here for an article of tips for success in eLearning
After reviewing these, if you still have questions about whether or not this style of learning is right for you, contact the instructor or the Manager of eLearning Programs at BRCC.
Important things to know about eLearning at BRCC
- Students are required to attend an Orientation session on campus at the beginning of the semester. Check the main BRCC webpage about two weeks before classes start to get precise dates/locations. Spring 2014 Orientation sessions are scheduled for Wednesday January 15th from 11:30 am to 12:30 pm and Thursday January 16th from 6 to 7 pm. Sessions will begin in the Louisiana Boardroom of the Louisiana Building on BRCC's Mid City campus.
- All exams are proctored. Students have the option to utilize BRCC’s Testing Center or ProctorU**. Other arrangements are possible for students living outside the Baton Rouge area. Students utilizing the BRCC Testing Center can schedule an appointment by visiting the eLearner Scheduler on the BRCC homepage.
- BRCC utilizes Blackboard 9.1SP10 as its learning management system.
- For more information on eLearning at BRCC email
or call 225-216-8130.
**Students utilizing ProctorU will pay a fee per exam. Fees vary from $18 to $25 per exam.