Imagine What You Can Do!
Welcome to the Financial Aid Office. We are here to assist students with the process of applying for financial aid. Baton Rouge Community College's experienced staff is available during office hours to respond to your financial aid questions and requests. No appointments are necessary. Students are assisted in the office on a walk-in basis.
Baton Rouge Community College Financial Aid Mission Statement:
The Financial Aid Office and it's staff are dedicated to fostering support that encourages and promotes financial aid programs that remove financial barriers to ensure access to all students in pursuit of academic excellence, economic opportunity and personal achievement.
Financial Aid Location and Office Hours:
The Financial Aid Office is located in Bienvenue. Office hours are Monday-Thursday 8:00am to 6:00pm and Fridays 8:00am to 5:00pm.
The 2015-2016 FAFSA is now available at http://www.fafsa.gov. Our federal school code is 037303.
Summer registration begins on April 20, 2015.
If you will need financial aid for the summer semester, please read the following bullet points carefully to ensure your financial aid is disbursed in a timely manner:
- Students who received full time (12 or more hours) Pell Grant awards for the fall and spring semesters will have NO eligibility for summer awards.
- Students MUST meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (checked at the end of each spring semester) to be eligible for summer aid.
- Students who borrowed the maximum loan amounts during the academic year will have not remaining eligibility for the summer. For more information about loan limits, click HERE.
- New students who have not completed 2014-2015 FAFSA must have the application processed online by June 30, 2015 AND be enrolled by June 30, 2015 in order to receive summer financial aid at BRCC.
- Once you have completed the summer financial aid application, please bring it to the Welcome Center in the Student Center.
- To complete the 2014-2015 Summer Financial Aid Request Form, click HERE.
Spring 2015 Refunds
- Refunds for the spring semester for the Federal Pell grant and Federal SEOG grant will begin February 12, 2015.
- Refunds for the spring semester for the Federal Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized student loans will begin February 19, 2015 unless 30 day delay applies (see below). Refunds for second disbursements will begin March 26, 2015.
- Refunds for the spring semester for other funds such as TOPS, GO grant and Veteran's Benefits will begin once the funding has been received.
Note: "Disbursement" does not mean "Refund." "Disbursement" means the financial aid awards have been applied to your student account. "Refund" means the credit balance owed to you will be sent to Higher One (BRCC's debit card company).
For more information on the refund process, click here.
Click below for more information about the Tiger Bridge Financial Aid Process.