Baton Rouge Community College is a offering students an opportunity to apply for a scholarship that can cover up to 75 percent of tuition, for individuals enrolling in classes during its upcoming summer sessions as part of its Super Summer Scholarship program offer. The scholarship is available for both in-state and out-of-state students and applies to face-to-face and online classes.
Individuals must be enrolled in summer classes by Friday, May 21 to take advantage of the scholarship offer.
Individuals can take summer classes for a variety of reasons. New high school graduates can get a head start in their academic program. If individuals are home in Baton Rouge for the summer, they can take classes at BRCC and transfer them back to their home institution. Individuals can also take classes as part of their regular academic program at BRCC, or to get ahead in their program and graduate faster.
Summer classes are ideal for a number of reasons. They allow individuals the opportunity to:
- Save on tuition
- Graduate early
- Transfer classes to their home institution
- Get courses out of the way
- Catch up on credits
- Get into in-demand classes more easily
- Enjoy smaller class sizes
- Have fewer distractions and better focus
- Stay sharp
BRCC has three summer sessions available:
- 8-week session: June 1 – July 22
- First 4-week session: June 1 – June 24
- Second 4-week session: June 28 – July 22