Dear BRCC Faculty and Staff:
Please review the information below, which details the college’s established process and guidelines regarding COVID-19 that an employee should take if they exhibit symptoms (Fever, Cough, Shortness of Breath):
Please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Stay home if you are exhibiting any of the following symptoms:
- Shortness of breath
- Seek medical attention.
- If you are experiencing any symptoms, contact your immediate supervisor and Human Resources at email@example.com.
- Any employee that is absent and has exhibited the symptoms above must provide medical clearance to HR to return to work.
- Any employee that is absent for five (5) or more days must present medical clearance to HR to return to work.
- Accommodations, when possible, will be made for individuals who may be temporarily unable to attend work due to restrictions placed on them related to possible exposure to the virus that causes COVID-19.
- Please communicate with your supervisor to ensure the business continuity plan is followed.
Who Should You Contact and When?
Any BRCC employee that (1) has been in contact with an individual that has recently traveled outside the United States or to states with known COVID-19 reports; (2) has been in contact with an individual known or suspected to have COVID-19; and/or, (3) is demonstrating symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath), must immediately self-quarantine and contact Human Resources and their direct supervisor. They should seek medical attention.
What is the Process for Returning to Campus?
Any employee that is absent and has exhibited the symptoms above must provide medical clearance to Human Resources to return to work. Any employee that is absent for 5 or more days must present medical clearance to HR to return to work. An employee cannot return to any BRCC location until medical clearance is submitted and confirmed by HR.
Perform routine environmental cleaning
- Facilities will disinfect all high traffic areas at each BRCC location every 24 hours.
- Routinely clean frequently touched surfaces (e.g., doorknobs, light switches, countertops) with the cleaners typically used. Use all cleaning products according to the directions on the label.
- The college will provide disposable wipes so that commonly used surfaces (e.g., keyboards, desks, remote controls) can be wiped down by students, staff, and faculty before each use.
Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
The Centers for Disease Control website has the most up to date information regarding COVID-19. Please review and consider sharing the following fact sheets and information sources from the CDC:
- What you need to know about coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- What to do if you are sick with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Stop the spread of germs – help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses like COVID-19
CDC also provides information for students, staff, and faculty who have recently traveled back to the United States from areas where CDC has identified community spread of coronavirus:
- A list of countries where community spread of COVID-19 is occurring can be found on the CDC webpage: Coronavirus Disease 2019 Information for Travel
The CDC also provides guidance for students, staff, or faculty who plan to travel, or have recently traveled, to areas with community spread of COVID-19. Refer to CDC’s FAQ for travelers and COVID-19 travel website. For specific guidance on foreign exchange and study abroad programs, see CDC’s guidance on student foreign travel for Institutions of Higher Education.
Latest information for Louisiana
Continue to stay abreast of the latest information and developments. For updates on the state’s response to the coronavirus situation, visit the Louisiana Department of Health website.