BRCC has established a Drug and Alcohol Prevention Program to inform its faculty, staff, and students about the dangers of drug and alcohol abuse, penalties that may be imposed for drug and alcohol abuse violations, and available resources to combat drug and alcohol related issues.
For more information regarding the Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program.
- Standards of conduct that clearly prohibit the unlawful possession, use, or distribution of illicit drugs and alcohol by students and employees on the school’s property or as part of any of the school’s activities
- Descriptions of applicable legal sanctions under state, local, and federal law
- Description of health risks
- Description of available counseling, treatment, rehabilitation, or re-entry programs
- Clear statement that the school will impose sanctions for violation of standards of conduct and a description of sanctions
- New staff and faculty members are informed of the policy and program at the New Employee Orientation provided by the Human Resources Department.
- All employees are informed of the policy and program annually via electronic mail.
- Students are informed of the policy and program each semester via electronic mail.
- Drug and alcohol abuse prevention materials are also available within the college counseling centers.
- On a biennial basis, a committee comprised of representatives from the police department,
human resources, counseling, financial aid, and student affairs will conduct a review
of the program to assess the following:
- Determine the effectiveness of the program and implement necessary changes
- Determine the number of drug and alcohol-related violations and fatalities that occur on the BRCC campuses
- Determine the number and type of sanctions that are imposed
- Ensure that sanctions are consistently enforced
Video: Macklemore on drug abuse
Macklemore talks about how his battle with drug abuse affected his creativity and his relationships, and how he got on the road to recovery. Find resources on pills here.