Temporary Disability

How to Obtain Services When You Are Temporarily Disabled

The Disability Services office provides limited services for students with temporary disabilities (i.e. inability to write because of a broken bone or inability to sit comfortably in class because of recent surgery).

Types of Assistance

The type of assistance is determined on a case-by-case basis and is based on documentation of the student's temporary disability. The student should contact the Disability Services office as soon as possible to make the request and fill out the application for services.

Services may include the following: 

Requesting Services

The college has the right to request documentation of the temporary disability from the student's private physician prior to the provision of the service. Documentation forms may be obtained from the Disability Services office or at the "Forms" link to the left.

The Disability Services office will respond to requests in a timely manner. Advance notice of need assures the student that the services will be provided.

Baton Rouge Community College does not discriminate in its educational and employment policies and procedures with regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status.