We know there is a lot of information coming at you right now. You want to stay safe and complete your coursework so you can stay on track in your education. We want to assist you with that by continuing your coursework in ways that ensure your health and safety. Following the information sent out by the Chancellor yesterday, courses will start again on March 30th.
What does that mean for you?
Students Enrolled in courses with hands-on-training, clinical experiences, and laboratories – Your courses will resume on March 30th under the practice of social distancing and perhaps modified hours. These courses will remain face to face at this time with some exceptions for content that may be offered online. Check your Canvas course and plan to report to your class unless your instructor communicates differently.
Current Online Students – Your courses will be temporarily halted and restarted on March 30th with modified due dates that reflect the new schedule. Continue to check Canvas and work on assignments as you are able and as the assignments in Canvas are made available to you.
Students Enrolled in Lecture Based Courses – Your courses will start again on March 30th and at that time, your coursework will be available online.Welcome to the online world of Canvas! Check your Canvas site for course information. You may be an experienced Canvas user or a novice, but rest assured we are here to help you successfully complete the Spring 2020 semester. How will we do that?
- Technical Support- we are here to help you learn to use the various technical resources available and if you lack computer equipment, no worries! as you will have access to dedicated computer labs at our instructional sites as well as Testing services through the Testing Centers (with proper precautions taken for the health and wellness of all students)
- Canvas support - Canvas support is available 24/7.
- BRCC email - BRCC's IT HelpDesk is available from 7 am to 7 pm Monday through Friday.
- Content Support- Your instructor will be providing materials to you through Canvas. These materials may include video lectures, reading materials, live discussions, etc.
- Tutoring Support- Online tutoring support is available at no charge to you.
Prior to March 30, you will receive an invitation to enroll in a helpful Student Training Course. Within this course will be links, materials, and messages to assist you in your transition. Use it as much or as little as you need to in order to have the tools and knowledge to succeed. If you are anxious to start learning more about Canvas now, visit Canvas Getting Started | Canvas LMS Community https://community.canvaslms.com/community/answers/guides/canvas-guide/getting-started/pages/student
For the next few days, take care of yourself and your family. You will be hearing from us soon!
Vice Chancellor for Academic and Student Affairs