To be eligible for admission to the automotive technology program, the applicant must first be admitted to Baton Rouge Community College (BRCC). The program application and all supporting documents must be received by the designated deadlines. Applicants will not be considered for admittance to the Automotive Technology Program until all required documents have been submitted and the applicant’s file is complete. The copy of all supporting documents should be retained by the applicant as the program will not return supporting documents.
Automotive Technology Program Admissions Requirements
- Minimum age 18.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
To receive the Associate of Applied Science degree, students must:
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.00 or better in all credit hours that are to be used towards the degree.
- Earn a “C” or better in ENGL 1013 and in MATH 1113/1213/1103.
- Earn a “C” or better in all MVSB* courses and AUTO* courses. *(MVSB = Motor Vehicle Service Basics; AUTO = Automotive)
- Earn an “S” (Satisfactory) in AUTO 1152 and 1252.
The competencies in the Automotive Technology Program are directly correlated with the knowledge required to prepare an individual for the certification test given by the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence(ASE). The content is organized into competency-based courses of instruction that specify occupational competencies the individual must successfully complete according to the priorities for tasks established by the National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF).