Admission to the LPN-RN program is competitive. It is important to note that meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee acceptance to the program.
Admission to the program is based on the following criteria:
1. Applicants must attain a GPA of 2.8 or higher and grade of “C” or better in the 27 credit hours of prerequisite courses listed below:
- MATH 1113 or 1213 College Algebra
- BIOL 2213 Anatomy and Physiology 1 Lecture
- BIOL 2211 Anatomy and Physiology 1 Lab
- BIOL 2223 Anatomy and Physiology II Lecture
- BIOL 2221 Anatomy and Physiology II Lab
- BIOL 2103 General Microbiology Lecture
- BIOL 2101 General Microbiology Lab
- ENGL 1013 English Composition I
- PSYC 2013 Introduction to Psychology
- PSYC 2113 Psychology of Development
- ARTS or Humanities elective*
ALL PREREQUISITES MUST BE COMPLETED BEFORE APPLYING TO THE PROGRAM
* MUST be selected from “Approved Fine Arts and Humanities Courses” listed in the BRCC College Catalog. One Fine Art and one Humanities course are required for Graduation.
2. Applicants must achieve a minimum score of 65% on the TEAS exam. The TEAS scores from other colleges through ATI are now being accepted if taken with the last three years. Applicants still needing to take the exam will register for the exam during the application period provided below. A study guide from the publisher is available. One attempt is allowed per admission cycle. The admission exam score is valid for 3 years. If an applicant is not admitted during the initial application period, they will be allowed to retake the admission exam during the next application cycle or keep their existing score keeping in mind most recent score will be used for admission.
3. Applicants must achieve a score of 850 or better on each nursing challenge exam.
- Nursing Fundamentals (NURS 1106) Challenge Exam
- Adult Nursing I (NURS 2106) Challenge Exam
The application for the LPN-RN program is only available in the fall semester . The application period for our next admission cycle is Tuesday, November 1, 2022 through Monday, November 28, 2022.
All prerequisites must be completed by the end of the Fall 2022 to be eligible to apply to the program.