Admission to the LPN-RN program is competitive. It is important to note that meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee acceptance to the program.
Admission to the program is based on the following criteria:
1. Applicants must attain a GPA of 2.8 or higher and grade of “C” or better in the 27 credit hours of prerequisite courses listed below:
- MATH 1113 or 1213 College Algebra
- BIOL 2214 Anatomy and Physiology I (Includes a 3 credit hour lecture and 1 credit hour lab)
- BIOL 2224 Anatomy and Physiology II (Includes a 3 credit hour lecture and 1 credit hour lab)
- BIOL 2104 General Microbiology (Includes a 3 credit hour lecture and 1 credit hour lab)*
- ENGL 1013 English Composition I
- PSYC 2013 Introduction to Psychology
- PSYC 2113 Psychology of Development
- ARTS or Humanities elective*
*An additional prerequisite course has been added to the curriculum: BIOL 2104- General Microbiology. Fall 2019 applicants that are unable to complete this course by the fall 2019 application period are STILL ELIGIBLE TO APPLY. BIOL 2104 is a prerequisite requirement for NURS 2206.
* MUST be selected from “Approved Fine Arts and Humanities Courses” listed in the BRCC College Catalog. One Fine Art and one Humanities course are required for Graduation.
2. Applicants must achieve a minimum score of 65% on the TEAS exam. The TEAS scores from other colleges through ATI are now being accepted if taken with the last three years. Applicants still needing to take the exam will register for the exam during the application period provided below. A study guide from the publisher is available. One attempt is allowed per admission cycle. The admission exam score is valid for 3 years. If an applicant is not admitted during the initial application period, they will be allowed to retake the admission exam during the next application cycle or keep their existing score keeping in mind most recent score will be used for admission.
3. Applicants must achieve a score of 850 or better on each nursing challenge exam.
- Nursing Fundamentals (NURS 1106) Challenge Exam
- Adult Nursing I (NURS 2106) Challenge Exam
4. Applicants must be a graduate from an approved LPN program and hold an unencumbered license as a practical nurse in the state of Louisiana.
The application for the LPN-RN program is only available in the fall semester . The application period for our next admission cycle is Tuesday, November 1, 2022 through Monday, November 28, 2022.
Students interested in applying to our program are encouraged to do one of the virtual advising sessions. All group advising sessions this semester are virtual. Review the schedule below.