To begin the program, the applicant must:
- Be admitted to Baton Rouge Community College with eligibility to enroll in technical
Applicants must have a high school diploma from a regionally accredited institution or a General Educational Development (GED) or High School Equivalency Test (HISET) diploma.
- Have achieved Admission Test Scores of:
Accuplacer Next Generation Accuplacer (old) ACT SAT COMPASS Placement English English 225 (Writing) English 60 (Sent. Skills) 14 21 38 (COEN) Completion of CORW 0083 (SPRW 0093) or higher ENglish course with a C or better Reading 235 53 16 21 51 (CORE)
- Pass a criminal background check and drug screening, obtain Basic Life Support for
Providers Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification from the American Heart Association, and other health requirements stipulated by the Division of Nursing and Allied Health or the clinical sites.
- To receive the Certificate of Technical Studies (Medical Assistant), the student must:
- Earn a “C” or better in all required program courses.
- Earn at least a 2.0 overall grade point average on all attempted technical credit hours.
Applications must be submitted to the Medical Assistant Program Manager one week before classes begin (NO EXCEPTIONS).
Admission to the program is limited. Seats are awarded as completed packets are submitted.