Home / Resources Opportunities Achievement Results
The Office of R.O.A.R (Resources Opportunities Achievement Results) is a U.S. Department of Education initiative designed to eradicate barriers in enrolling, persisting, and completing postsecondary education for students. The program provides its students with targeted academic and non-academic support systems designed to enhance their academic success and cultivate a sense of belonging as they pursue a post-secondary study at Baton Rouge Community College.
Benefits of Project R.O.A.R
The benefits of R.O.A.R. are:
- Support staff who serve as your primary advocates on campus, providing personalized academic advising and assistance with completing your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Customized tutoring in English, Math and Developmental Courses.
- Access to cultural and social events to develop self-awareness and foster peer support among R.O.A.R students
- Career development, service-learning training with a robust Peer-to-Peer mentoring program
- Financial literacy lessons for practical decision making with finances
- College graduation and/or college transfer assistance
To be eligible for the program, participants must be:
- African American
- First-time Freshman Students (12 hours or more of credits of college level coursework); or
- Continuing and/or Transfer Students (with no more than 24 credit hours and 2.0 cumulative GPA)
- Dedicated to improving their educational outcomes
Students who are eligible and interested in participating can click here to complete the ROAR Application.
For More Information
For more information about the program, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org