LCTCS has divided the state into regions or zones according to geographic locations. Each region (or zone) is responsible for targeting Perkins funds to three (3) agreed upon career clusters.
- BRCC’s region is in partnership with East and West Baton Rouge Parish School Systems, East and West Feliciana Parish School Systems, Iberville Parish School System, Pointe Coupee Parish School System, Baker, Central, and Zachary School Systems
- BRCC’s region has agreed upon Health Science, Business, and Skilled Crafts cluster areas. BRCC also petitioned to add in Manufacturing
Each career cluster may have several programs of study and/or career pathways.
- Funded programs for this year include
- Process Technology
- Business Technology
- Accounting technology
- Registered Nursing
- Practical Nursing
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Surgical Technology
- Pharmacy Technician
Each college must complete one career pathway annually.
- A Career Pathwayis a coherent, articulated sequence of rigorous academic and career/technical courses,
commencing in the ninth grade and leading to an associate degree, baccalaureate degree
and beyond, an industry recognized certificate, and/or licensure. The Career Pathway
is developed, implemented, and maintained in partnership among secondary and postsecondary
education, business, and employers.
- The targeted pathway for FY17 is Computer Network.