- Campus Security Update
Baton Rouge Community College is working closely with Louisiana State Police, Baton Rouge City Police Department, and other local law enforcement agencies as the investigation continues into a potential threat made toward our Mid City campus.
All classes and campus activities will continue to meet as scheduled. Out of an abundance of caution, BRCC is maintaining heightened security at our locations. State and local law enforcement will continue to have a significant, visible presence on our campuses as a precautionary measure.
BRCC is dedicated to providing a safe and secure learning environment to our students and our faculty. Be assured that we are committed to identifying those responsible for causing this disruption and prosecuting them to the fullest extent of the law.
If you have any information that you feel may be related to this investigation, please contact the BRCC Police Department by phone at (225) 216-8888. We also ask that you take advantage of the following resources:
- BRCC Connect: Free Text, Email, and Voice Alerts for updates on issues relating to emergency situations, campus safety, and weather events. Sign up or confirm your account at: BRCC Connect
- BRCC Social Media: BRCC uses the college’s Facebook,Twitter, and Instagram feeds to provide regular updates to the college community.
- BRCC Email: Your @mybrcc.edu email address is used as the official form of communication between the college and students, faculty, and staff members. Be sure to check your email on a regular basis.
- BRCC Public Safety Training: All BRCC Students are encouraged to review the campus safety training program that is available online through their CANVAS account.
- If you have questions about accessing any of these electronic resources, be sure to contact the BRCC Help Desk at (225) 216-8448.