For specific information on PLA regarding the following programs, please contact each subject-matter expert separately:
Division of Nursing and Allied Health – Dr. Manogin
- Dr. Toni Manogin – 216-8044
- Dr. Tawna Pounds - 216-8044
- NURS 110- Nursing Fundamentals
- NURS 210 – Adult Nursing I
Division of Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics - Dr. Ales – 216-8094
- Dr. Karim Elkholy 216-8091
- Dr. Marcella Hackney 216-8117
- Dennis Taylor 216-8028
- Laura Younger 216-8224
- ENGR 103 Engineering Graphics
- ENGR 207 Surveying
- ENGR 208 Advanced Surveying
- ENGR 209 Louisiana Survey Law
- Chemistry 104/104L Chemistry for PTEC Majors + Lab
Technical Education – Department Chair Brandy Tyson-Polk – 216-8087
- David Sylvester – Program Manager – Computer Science – 216-8152
- Russell Hills – Program Manager – PTEC - 216-8173
- Mark Peeples – Program Director – Avionics – 216-8125
- CSCI 101 + Access Code Cost =
- CSCI 190 + Access Code Cost =
- CSCI 192
- AMTV 101
- AMTV 103
In order to offer PLA for CSCI 101 and CSCI 190 through Credit by Exam, a student must purchase an access code for MyItLab. This cost is in addition to all other fees and may be over $70.
Liberal Arts – Dean Williams – 216-8165
FINE ARTS AND COMMUNICATIONS DEPARTMENT
- Dr. Laura Sells, Interim Chair – 216-8146
- ETEC 251 Web Development - This is an applied course. The student may show evidence of certification in current versions of both HTML and CSS and a minimum of 1 year of work experience in order to earn 3 credits of ETEC 251.
- ETEC 223 Digital Post - This is an applied course. The student may show evidence of certification in current versions of Adobe After Effects and Final Cut and 3 years of work experience for 3 credits of ETEC 223.
- ETEC 200 - This is an applied course. Students may show evidence of 10 years of experience in the sound industry field and level one certification in the current version of ProTools.
- Gail Suberbielle, Chair – 216-8074
- ENGL 201 - As this course deals with business writing – reports, emails, memos, letter, and the like, there is a strong possibility that someone who has been in the workforce – an executive secretary, for example – would have the necessary skills to receive prior learning for this course.
- ENGL 101 - Most of the PLA sites I looked at have as a requirement that students have already completed or received transfer credit for ENGL 101 prior to applying for PLA. My recommendation for ENGL 101 would be that students take the CLEP test. The list of sample PLA courses listed in the link in the PLA manual also does not include composition (see screen shot below).
Division of Business and Social Sciences – Dean Dozier – 216-8091
- Amy Pinero – Department Chair – 216-8022