Transient students are students who attend BRCC only for a summer session. Students in good standing who are currently enrolled at another institution who plan to attend BRCC for the summer session only may be admitted by:
- Completing the online Admission Application. Select “Apply Online” from this page.
- Pay a nonrefundable application fee of $7.00. You have the option of paying this fee online using your credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover), mailing a check or money order, or paying in person.
- Submit your application “Signature Page” to Bursar’s Office, 201 Community College Drive, Baton Rouge, LA 70806.
- Submit a Letter of Good Standing (from the Registrar or Dean of home institution) or an official transcript from the college or university in which you are currently enrolled.
- Seek academic advisement in the Center for Academic Success (Magnolia Building).
- Schedule classes via the BRCC Website from a computer on campus, home or library.
- Pay tuition and fees online, mail, or in person at the Bursar’s Office. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify, and BRCC also has a payment plan available. See “Paying for College” link for more information.
- Have your photo taken for your BRCC student identification card, register your vehicle, and obtain your parking permit at the Office of Public Safety in the Bienvenue Student Center.
- Remember, you are not enrolled until tuition and fees have been paid.
- Print schedule the week before classes begin to be aware of any changes that may have occurred.
Transient students who decide to continue past the one semester for which they were admitted will be required to apply for regular admission, submit all required official transcripts, and meet transfer admission requirements. Transient students are not eligible for Student Financial Aid.