To Start Benefits at BRCC
- The student must apply and be accepted for admission to Baton Rouge Community College.
- The student must complete the veteran's application for benefits with the Veteran's Administration (VA). The website to apply is http://benefits.va.gov/gibill/
- Develop a degree plan with an academic advisor in your department of study or in the Academic Advising Center.
- Complete and submit to the VA School Certifying Official:
- Request for Enrollment Certification
- Detailed Class Schedule
- Degree Checklist
- Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
- DD-214- Out of State Students only
Once all documents are submitted to the VA School Certifying Official, the school will certify your application via the Veteran Affairs Online Certification of Enrollment System (VA-ONCE). The VA School Certifying Official is located in the Bienvenue Student Center. For more information on how to start your VA benefits, click here.
As a recipient of Veterans Education Benefits, you are responsible for the following:
- To notify the VA School Certifying Official of your status with BRCC.
- To provide a copy of your detailed schedule along with the Request for Enrollment Certification Form for every semester that you register for classes.
- To inform the VA School Certifying Official when you add or drop a class, change your major, change your address, or withdraw.
- To understand that the Department of Veteran's Affairs will not pay for the repeat of satisfactorily completed courses (grades of A, B, C), except under special circumstances.
- To maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress. If you are suspended by BRCC, your GI Bill benefits cannot be resumed until you have met the requirements for reinstatement to the college.
Extremely Important: All paperwork must be submitted TWO WEEKS before the start of classes. Any paperwork received after the start of classes will be considered late and payment of benefits may be delayed. In this case, please make necessary payment arrangements to secure your classes.
Veterans Upward Bound
Baton Rouge Community College has partnered with Southeastern Louisiana University's Veterans Upward Bound Program to help provide veterans with a variety of services including:
Financial Aid Counseling
For more information contact their offices at firstname.lastname@example.org or toll free at 1-800-616-2316
email@example.com- VA School Certifying Official
888-442-4551 – GI Bill Customer Service Line
877-823-2378 – GI Bill Enrollment Verification Line
(225) 925-7268 – Veteran Affair’s Baton Rouge’s Office
504-619-4346 – Veteran Affair’s New Orleans’ Office
(225) 216-8010 -- BRCC VA Fax