- Financial Aid
- Getting Started
Types of financial aid:
Scholarships are private monies that are made available to students from various local community
groups, corporate donors, families/individuals, and Baton Rouge Community College.
You do not have to repay scholarships. For more information, click here.
Grants are awarded to students who demonstrate the greatest financial need. They do not have to be repaid. For more information, click here.
Loans are awarded to students and do have to be repaid. For more information, click here.
Work Study is a federally funded program that provides employment opportunities to students with the highest financial need. Placement is limited. For more information, click here.
Veterans Benefits provide financial support for education and housing to veterans and their families. These benefits are available through the U.S. Department of Veteran's Affairs. For more information, click here.
Steps to Apply for Financial Aid
- Apply for Admissions - The first step in applying for financial aid is to apply for admission to BRCC. You can apply online by going to www.mybrcc.edu and selecting Apply Online.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid - You may submit your application electronically at www.fafsa.gov. Be sure to include BRCC's Title IV school code 037303. Once your application has been processed, you will receive an e-mailed Student Aid Report (SAR) from the federal processor. Our office will receive an electronic version of your FAFSA within 5-7 business days after it has been completed. At this point, we will determine what additional documentation our office needs.
- Apply for Scholarships- We provide a variety of scholarships based on talent, academic achievement, community service, and/or financial need. Submit a scholarship application to the Financial Aid Office.
- Complete your BRCC Financial Aid File- Once our office receives your FAFSA, you will be notified by email if additional documentation is needed. It is important that you turn in the required documentation as soon as possible to ensure you receive the most beneficial aid package available.
- Complete your BRCC Admissions File - Once our office receives your admissions application, you will be notified by email if additional documentation is needed. It is important that you turn in the required documentation as soon as possible to ensure you receive the most beneficial aid package available.
- Verification - Students chosen for verification will be required to submit additional documents. When we have received all required documentation, your application will be verified for accuracy. The verification process can take one to two weeks, depending on the time of year.
- Federal Aid Eligibility Determined and Awards Processed- When your file is complete, your eligibility will be determined, and you will be awarded the federal aid for which you are eligible. NOTE: Not all awards may be visible on your account at this time. This may include institutional, state, and private scholarships. They will be added at a later date.
- Request Student Loans- Students who are interested in a student loan will be required to submit a loan request form. Once the loan is approved, students will need to complete the Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling.
- Review Award and Terms and Conditions - Once you have been processed for financial aid, you will receive an email to view your award in Self-Service in LOLA and to review the Undergraduate Award Information.