- Financial Aid Office
The 2016-2017 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) will be available online beginning January 1, 2016 at www.fafsa.ed.gov. All students applying for need based aid must complete the FAFSA to begin the financial aid process. All parents applying for a PLUS loan must also complete the FAFSA.
You must submit all admissions documents before financial aid can be applied to your account. To see missing admissions checklist items, click here.
For more information about the bookstore voucher program, click here.
- Refunds for the semester for the Federal Pell grant, Federal SEOG, Federal Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized student loans, unless the 30 day delay applies, will begin after the 14th class day.
- Refunds for the semester for other funds such as TOPS, Go Grant, Veteran's Benefits will begin once the funding has been received.
NOTE: "Disbursement" does not mean "Refund." "Disbursement" means the financial aid awards have been applied to your BRCC student account. "Refund" means the credit balance owed to you will be sent to BankMobile Disbursements.
For more information on the refund process, click here.
Financial Aid School Codes (Required for FAFSA)
- Baton Rouge Community College (BRCC): 037303
Important Financial Aid Information
- 3 weeks after you file your taxes electronically you can use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool at FAFSA on the Web.
- If you cannot use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool, you must request and IRS Transcript at www.irs.gov/transcript.
If you have any questions, please contact the Financial Aid Office at email@example.com. Our office will be making preliminary financial aid award packages for current students who have complete files in early April. Students and parents will receive an email informing them to view the awards in Self Service within LOLA. All financial aid packages will be finalized after the spring 2016 grades are final and cumulative GPA's have been calculated to determine the renewal of financial aid.