- Counseling and Disability Services of BRCC
- Eligibility for Disability Services
Definition of a Disability
Section 504 defines a person with a disability as:
- Someone with a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities
- A person who has a record of the disability
- Someone who is regarded as having the disability.
Any physiological disorder or condition, cosmetic dis-figuration, or anatomical loss affecting one or more of the following body systems:
- Special Sense Organs
- Respiratory (including speech organs)
- Hemic and Lymphatic
- Skin and Endocrine
Any psychological neurological disorder such as organic brain syndrome, emotional or mental illness and specific learning disabilities.
Major Life Activity
Any function such as: caring for oneself, performing manual tasks, walking, seeing, hearing, speaking, breathing, learning and working.