Through the resources of local, national and College based efforts, assistance is available for individuals with alcohol and drug abuse problems. BRCC offers the following drug and alcohol abuse information, counseling, assistance, and services:
- National Alcohol and Drug Abuse Help Line 1-800-821-4357
- Alcohol Abuse 24 Hour Hotline 1-800-950-7226
- National Drug & Alcohol Toll Free Helpline 855-378-4734
Department of Drug Enforcement: Drug Fact Sheets https://www.dea.gov/druginfo/factsheets.shtml
Locally Offered Programs
- In an emergency: call 9-1-1.
- Baton Rouge Treatment Center (opioid addiction): 225-932-9867
- Cenikor Foundation: 225-218-1960
- Recovery Center of Baton Rouge: 225-927-7475
Capital Area Human Services District, Center for Adult Behavioral Health
Outpatient addiction treatment: 225-925-1906
Residential addiction treatment: 225-922-3169
- West Baton Rouge Behavioral Health: 225-922-3281
- West Feliciana Center for Addiction Recovery: 225-682-3874
- East Feliciana Behavioral Health: 225-683-3874
- Iberville Parish Behavioral Health: 225-922-3281
- Point Coupee Behavioral Health: 225-922-3281
Additional Assistance for Students:
Any student seeking assistance and/or resources for drug and alcohol use may contact BRCC’s Office of Counseling and Disability Services. BRCC counselors can provide immediate, short-term personal counseling for students. For long-term or in-depth care, the Office of Counseling and Disability Services can assist students in locating a local area counseling specialist.
Additional Assistance for Employees:
BRCC offers an Employee Assistance Program (EAP). The EAP is a confidential counseling service provided to employees and benefits-eligible dependents for personal and work concerns which may be interfering with work performance and/or quality of life. The EAP offers the following services related to our alcohol and drug awareness program: assessment and referral, short-term counseling, substance abuse professional services, wellness center, health risk assessments, wellness coaching, and nurse-line.