- Counseling Services of BRCC
Counseling Services provides:
- Crisis intervention.
- Short-term counseling for such matters as: anxiety, depression, loneliness, identity, stress management, time management, eating concerns, relationship concerns, grief and loss, family stress, sexual orientation, college-related transition, coping skills, developmental issues, self-esteem, and personal growth and development.
- Skills development for academic success, such as: time management, motivational skills, and reduction of performance-related anxiety (such as test anxiety).
- Support and brief counseling for students recovering from sexual assault and/or domestic violence.
- Assessment and referral to other campus resources and referral to community resources, particularly for students whose presenting concerns are beyond Counseling Services’ scope of practice.
- Counseling Services does not provide long-term intensive counseling and psychotherapy.
- Counseling Services does not provide treatment services for alcohol and drug use/abuse. Counselors will meet with students seeking such treatment for a brief time to provide support, assess the students’ needs, and assist them with referrals to off-campus resources.
- Counseling Services does not prescribe or monitor psychotropic or any other medications. At students’ request, counselors will make a referral to a community resource for medication evaluation.
- Students may be mandated for a counseling assessment by an external source; however, these students will be evaluated to discern personal motivation and goals for counseling; if none, students may be referred to other campus or community resources.
Please use our online referral form to request counseling services.