In collaboration with college faculty and staff, the ALC strives to identify and meet students’ needs and to provide services that will help students meet their educational goals.
Faculty can collaborate with ALC staff in the following ways:
- Announce services and hours.
- Include information about the ALC in your course syllabi.
- Have an ALC staff member or a tutor give your class a brief presentation of services.
- Refer students to the ALC using one of our referral forms.
- Suggest that your students organize a study group and/or request a tutor-supported study group.
- Direct students to ALC's web page and Online Learning Center.
Collaborate with the ALC:
- Meet with tutors to give them helpful information about your approach to specific content areas.
- Be a guest speaker at one of our tutor training sessions.
- Place supplemental handouts, materials, or assignments for your classes in the ALC.
- Meet with ALC staff to explore and create alternative learning activities for your course.
- Refer potential tutors and student workers to the ALC.
- Request a brief classroom-based workshop on strategies tailored to your needs and your course.
- Ask ALC staff how you can incorporate ALC services into your curriculum and syllabi.