Top Employee Responsibilities for Property
- Comply with all property laws, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures concerning identification, management, and disposal of inventory property.
- Assist Property Control to ensure all movable property valued $1,000 or greater is reported and tagged within 60 days of receipt (per State law) along with re-tagging items as warranted.
- Immediately report property stolen to Police and Property Management.
- Immediately notify Property Management of any damaged property. Report any Risk Management claims through proper channels.
- Must comply with State regulations regarding sanitization of security sensitive data before any disposal method of computing devices.
- Never sell, loan, transfer, assign, entrust, or donate any inventory and non-inventory property to any person or entity, or use property for personal or illegal purposes.
- Removal of equipment from campus is prohibited without prior approval by Property Control. Complete an Off-Campus/Home Storage form.
- Dispose of inventory and non-inventory equipment properly. Surplus inventory and non-inventory equipment to Property Control as soon as it becomes idle. Scrap/dismantle or transfer only after written request and approval by Property Control.