To receive this certificate, the student must:
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.00 or better in all credit hours that are to be used towards
- Earn a “C” or better in required courses, ENGL 101, and in courses that are prerequisites
- Take at least 12 hours at the 200 level.
- Complete the coursework listed in the student's catalog of entry.
In order to become a certified inspector, a student must:
- Successfully complete the requirements for the certificate.
- Perform six months of work in the field supervised by a certified inspector.
- Score a passing percentage on a Specialty Area Certification Exam.
- Score a passing percentage on a field performance evaluation conducted by a certified
More than one area of certification can be completed simultaneously.
For more information contact the Division of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics at (225) 216-8226.