Admission to the Nursing Assistant course is open to qualified applicants each semester.
Applicants must meet with the course instructor and submit required documentation
prior to the first day of class. Class size is limited and priority will be given
to qualified applicants who complete and submit required documentation. Costs of
all requirements for admission are incurred by the students. Applications are available now through Thursday, August 10, 2017 being the deadline.
Right to Review Form
The following are minimum prerequisite requirements for admission to the Nursing Assistant
1. Must be admitted to the college
2. Possess a Accuplacer Reading score of 53 or greater (SEE APPLICATION PACKET)
3. Demonstrate completion of AHA CPR (Basic Life Support--BLS)
4. Complete and pass a State Criminal Background check with fingerprinting
5. Pass urine drug screen
6. Be capable of performing activities required as evidenced by health and physical examination
7. Demonstrate current tuberculosis screening and immunizations/titers as required
8. Must be 16 years old or older
9. Sign Student Liability Statement form
Criminal Background Check
Applicants to the Nurse Assistant course must submit to a criminal background check, with all costs borne by the student. Applicants who have been charged with, pled guilty or nolo contendere to, been convicted of, or committed a criminal offense that involves a crime of violence or distribution of drugs, abuse, neglecting or mistreating the elderly or infirm, or misappropriating property may be denied the right to enroll in the course.