To begin the program, the applicant must:
- Be admitted to Baton Rouge Community College with eligibility to enroll in technical
Applicants must have a high school diploma from a regionally accredited institution or a General Educational Development (GED) diploma.
- Have achieved Admission Test Scores of:
Accuplacer ACT COMPASS Placement Math 20-45 (Elem. Alg.) 1-14 0-46 (COPA) MATH 0097 (092) English 20-59 (Sent. Skills) 12-13 21-37 (COEN) ENGL 0090 (090) Reading 20-52 (Read. Comp) 12-13 21-50 (CORE) READ 0090 (090)
- Pass a crimal background check and drug screening, obtain Basic Life Support for Healthcare
Providers Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification from the American Heart Association, and other health requirements stipulated by the Division of Nursing and Allied Health or the clinical sites.
- To receive the Certificate of Technical Studies (Medical Assistant), the student must:
- Earn a “C” or better in all required program courses.
- Earn at least a 2.0 overall grade point average on all attempted technical credit hours.
- For additional information, please contact the following:
Paulette Pourciau, Program Manager, email@example.com
New Roads/Jumonville Site, Debra Bailey, firstname.lastname@example.org 225-638-8613
Jackson/Folkes Site, Brenda Williams, email@example.com 225-634-2636
Academic Advisor, Christin Dillon, firstname.lastname@example.org 225-216-8879