Students must see an ETEC advisor to select an area of interest--Film, Audio Recording, or Gaming and Digital Media--and take nine credit hours from that area to meet the ETEC Core Requirement as indicated in the student's applicable catalog.
To receive this degree, the student must:
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.00 or better in all credit hours to be used towards the degree.
- Earn a "C" or better in major courses, in ENGL 101 and 102, and in all courses that are prerequisites for other courses.
- Complete the degree coursework listed in the student's catalog of entry.
ETEC Program Outcomes
- Apply the competencies learned in the classroom to work in the fields of Interactive
Development, Film, & Audio Production. Students will be able to enter their chosen field with a working knowledge of and ability to employ the techniques used in their chosen field.
- Demonstrate ability to use field-specific software and explain the production process of their chosen field to create a work-ready portfolio for application to work in an ETEC-related field.
- Analyze and articulate the processes out of which entertainment products are created.
For more information contact the Division of Liberal Arts at (225) 216-8165.