**ATTENTION! There will be no placement testing this week (10/16 - 10/21) due to BRCC Midterm Exams. You can schedule placement tests for the following week**
Mid City Campus Hours of Operation (July 31st - December 15th)
Monday - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Tuesday - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Wednesday - 8 a.m. to 7p.m.
Thursday - 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Friday - 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Select Saturdays - 8 a.m. to Noon
UPCOMING SATURDAY DATES
- October 7 and 21
- November 4 and 18
- December 2 and 9
CLICK HERE FOR SCHEDULING INSTRUCTIONS
- No outside items are allowed in the Testing Center. This includes purses, backpacks, cell phones, smart watches, food/drink, headphones, etc.
- Notes and calculators may only be used if permitted by your instructor. Otherwise they are strictly prohibited.
- The Testing Center is a quiet, secure area. Please be respectful of other testers. If you need assistance, please quietly get the attention of a staff member and they will be happy to help you. Otherwise, please remain silent while testing.
- We have a very limited number of lockers. If one is not available, you will be asked to bring your belongings to your vehicle. To avoid this, please only bring the required items to the Testing Center.
- Once you begin your test, you may not leave the Testing Center without submitting your test to the proctor. You may not leave the Testing Center and return to finish your test later.
- Children are not allowed in the Testing Center.
- Violation of Testing Center policies will result in your immediate dismissal.
The Mid City campus Testing Center is located in Room 160 of the Magnolia Building. Check in at the front desk as you enter for testing instructions.
Accuplacer testing will also be offered at the following locations on the following dates
- BRCC Jackson: September 19 (Testing Lab) at 8:30 a.m. Call (225) 634-2636 to schedule.
- BRCC New Roads: September 12 at 8:30 a.m. (Room A-1) Call (225) 638-8613 to schedule.
NOTICE: If you would like to test on one of the above dates, please email email@example.com your request.
→PAY FEE ONLINE← (Fees may also be paid through the Bursar's Office)
- BRCC Students retaking part of the Accuplacer- $10 for one1 part, $20 for two parts and $30 for the full test
- Non-BRCC Students taking a Placement Test - $30
- Non-BRCC proctored exams, CLEP, DSST - $25
NOTE: You must pay any required fees before arriving to take the test. Click here to pay fees (if necessary). Please direct any questions to the BRCC Testing Center.
Time permitted for proctored tests is determined by the instructor. Students taking the full Accuplacer should expect to test for at least 120 minutes. Please schedule your appointments with that time in mind.
Students are strongly encouraged to schedule appointments for all tests at least 24 hours ahead of time using the online scheduler. If you cannot make your scheduled appointment, please reschedule or cancel so that someone else may use that time slot.
Other Testing Available
- CLEP and DSST: You may schedule by selecting CLEP or DSST on our scheduler. You must purchase your registration ticket through CLEP and pay a $25 Proctoring fee prior to your appointment.
- HiSET: Please visit the HiSET website for information on enrolling in the program.
- Work Keys: If you are a company using Work Keys, we can provide the testing you need. Please contact the Testing Center at firstname.lastname@example.org of (225) 216-8038 to begin the application process.
- Non-BRCC Students: If you are an online student taking classes at another institution
and need to take your tests in a proctored environment, BRCC can help. Students must complete
a Student's Proctor Request. Instructors will also be required to complete an Instructor's Proctor Request. Please contact the Testing Center at email@example.com for more information.
When You Arrive
Prior to check in, you must have:
- Proof of Identity (valid driver's license, student ID, passport, military ID, or other approved form of picture ID)
- Proof of Payment* (physical receipt from Bursar's Office or electronic receipt from email)
* Only applies to Non-BRCC testers and Accuplacer Retesters