****The Testing Center will be closed until 12:00 PM on Monday, January 9th, for Spring Convocation****
Mid City Campus Hours of Operation (January 3rd - May 13th)
Monday - 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Tuesday - 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Wednesday - 8:00 am - 7:00 pm
Thursday - 8:00 am - 7:00 pm
Friday - 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Select Saturdays - 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
UPCOMING SATURDAY DATES:
- January 21st and 28th
CLICK HERE FOR SCHEDULING INSTRUCTIONS
- No outside items are allowed in the Testing Center. This includes purses, backpacks, cell phones, food/drink, headphones, etc.
- Notes and calculators may only be used if permitted by your instructor. Otherwise they are strictly prohibited.
- The Testing Center is a quiet, secure area. Please be respectful of other testers. If you need assistance, please quietly get the attention of a staff member and they will be happy to help you. Otherwise, please remain silent while testing.
- We have a very limited number of lockers. If one is not available, you will be asked to bring your belongings to your vehicle. To avoid this, please only bring the required items to the Testing Center.
- Children are not allowed in the Testing Center.
The Mid City Campus Testing Center is located in Room 160 of the Magnolia Building. Check in at the front desk as you enter for testing instructions.
Accuplacer testing will also be offered at the following locations on the following dates beginning at 8:30 am:
- BRCC- Plaquemine: September 20th (Room 308)
- BRCC- Jackson: September 6th (Testing Lab)
- BRCC- New Roads: September 13th (Room A-1)
- BRCC- Acadian: September 27th (Room 224)
NOTICE: If you would like to test on one of the above dates, please email firstname.lastname@example.org your request.
→PAY FEE ONLINE← (Fees may also be paid through the Bursar's Office)
- BRCC Students retaking part of the Accuplacer- $10.00 for 1 part, $20.00 for 2 parts and $30.00 for the Full Test
- Non-BRCC Students taking a Placement Test - $30.00
- Non-BRCC proctored exams, CLEP, DSST, Work Keys, etc. - $25.00
NOTE: You must pay any required fees before arriving to take the test. Click here to pay fees (if necessary). Please direct any questions to the BRCC Testing Center.
Time permitted for proctored tests is determined by the instructor. Students taking the full Accuplacer should expect to test for at least 120 minutes. Please Schedule your appointments with that time in mind.
Students are strongly encouraged to schedule appointments for all tests at least 24 hours ahead of time using the online scheduler. If you cannot make your scheduled appointment, please reschedule or cancel so that someone else may use that time slot.
Other Testing Available
- CLEP and DSST: You can schedule by selecting CLEP or DSST on our scheduler. You must purchase your registration ticket through CLEP and pay a $25.00 Proctoring fee prior to your appointment.
- HiSET: Please visit the HiSET website for information on enrolling in the program.
- Work Keys: If you are a company using Work Keys, we can provide the testing you need. Please contact the Testing Center at email@example.com of (225) 216-8038 to begin the application process.
- Non-BRCC Students: If you are an online student taking classes at another institution and need to take
your tests in a proctored environment, BRCC can help. Students must complete a Student's Proctor Request. Instructors will also be required to complete an Instructor's Proctor Request. Please contact the Testing Center at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
When You Arrive
Prior to check in, you must have:
- Proof of Identity (valid driver's license, student ID, passport, military ID, or other approved form of picture ID)
- Proof of Payment* (physical receipt from Bursar's Office or electronic receipt from email)
* Only applies to Non-BRCC testers and Accuplacer Retesters