What must I bring to the Testing Center?
- Proof of Payment – If you are taking an Accuplacer Placement Test, CLEP, Work Keys, or any other Non-BRCC instructed test, you will need to provide proof of payment for our testing fee. More information about fees can be found on the main Testing Center page.
- Proof of Identify – Testers must present a valid picture ID (valid driver's license, student ID, passport, military ID, or other approved form of picture ID). Students without a valid picture ID will not be allowed to test.
What is not allowed in the Testing Center?
- Electronic Devices - Power off all electronic devices prior to entering the Testing Center.
- Programmable Graphing Calculators – Calculator use is dependent on your instructor. Accuplacer does not allow the use of a physical calculator (one is built into the testing platform).
- Back Packs, Purses, or Other Bags - There are a limited number of lockers that you can use to store your belongings, but BRCC does not take responsibility for any missing or forgotten items. You are not allowed to have these items with you in the testing area.
- Food or Drink - No food or drink is allowed.
Do I need an appointment to test?
All testers are required to make an appointment. The link to the schedule is found on our Testing Center page. If you walk in without an appointment, you will be instructed to schedule one at a computer station or through your mobile device. We have limited availability so it is highly recommended that you schedule early.
What will the Testing Center provide for me?
- A quiet atmosphere for testing
- Assistance with login for ACCUPLACER testing
- Printed copy of ACCUPLACER test results
- An approved calculator (if needed)
- Pencil and scratch paper (if needed).
What is the Accuplacer?
The Accuplacer test is an untimed, computerized test which gives our advisers and counselors relevant information that allows BRCC to place students on the most appropriate academic path. Here's an overview of what to expect on the Accuplacer. (BRCC uses Elementary Algebra, College Level Math, Reading Comprehension, and Sentence skills for placement. Welding is the only program that requires the Arithmetic section of the Accuplacer).
Is the Accuplacer mandatory?
If you have valid ACT/SAT Scores (within the last 5 years) ACCUPLACER Scores (within the last 3 years to the date), we can use them to determine your course placement. For further information on placement, Academic Advising in the Bienvenue Student Center accepts walk-in appointments to discuss course placement and scheduling assistance.
How much does the Accuplacer Test cost?
Retest for BRCC Students - $30.00 for Full Test*, $10.00 per section.
Test for Non-BRCC Students - $30.00
*New BRCC students are allotted one free Accuplacer attempt.
Are there any study resources available to help me prepare for the Accuplacer?
ABSOLUTELY! Students are strongly encouraged to review/practice before scheduling an appointment to test. There are preparatory materials in Word documents located in the Accuplacer Study Resources Tab at the top-left of this page. Please take time to review these materials prior to testing. Our research shows that students who take time to prepare are far more successful than those who do not.
I just took the Placement Test and wish to retake it. What should I do?
If you want to retest, you will be required to meet with staff of the Academic Learning Center prior to retesting and you are only allowed to retest once. Don't waste your first attempt by coming in without preparation. If you are unhappy with your initial scores, be sure to take the time to review our study materials before retaking the Accuplacer Test. Don’t be afraid to ask for assistance from the Academic Learning Center (also located in the Magnolia Building). They are here to serve you!
How do I obtain a copy of my scores?
A copy of your placement test scores is provided upon completion, so please keep up with this copy. A copy of your results can only be provided in person after verifying your identity (We will NOT email test copies to students for security purposes)
Where on campus is the Testing Center located?
We are located on the first floor of the Magnolia Building. Check out the map below. The green boxes are nearby parking.