The U.S. Department of Education specifically states that educational programs are Gainful Employment (GE) programs if:
- Non-degree programs, including all certificate programs, last one or more academic years. These include undergraduate, post-baccalaureate, graduate, and postgraduate certificate programs, but do not include certificates received as part of a degree program.
- Teacher certification programs result in a certificate awarded by the institution.
- “Comprehensive Transition Programs” are approved for students with intellectual disabilities.
For both domestic and foreign public and nonprofit institutions, the following are not considered GE Programs:
- Programs that lead to a degree, including associate’s, bachelor’s, graduate, and professional degrees.
- Programs that are at least two years in length that are fully transferable to a bachelor’s degree program.
- Teacher certificate programs where the institution provides a collection of coursework necessary for the student to receive a state professional teaching credential or certification.
- Preparatory courses of study that provide coursework necessary for enrollment in an eligible program.
Baton Rouge Community College is committed to providing current and prospective students with the information they need to make informed educational and career decisions. We hope the information provided in our Certificate and Degree chart (see below) is helpful to you. The information provided here is the best available to us and represents one year’s data only. If you have any questions regarding the data provided and what it means to you as a student, please feel free to contact the Office of Institutional Research.
Please note that BRCC recently merged with Capital Area Technical College (CATC). While we are now identified as one college, our application / registration system (LoLA) and financial aid processes still identify BRCC and CATC as two separate institutions.
Gainful Employment Information for BRCC Programs
ACCOUNTING TECHNICAL STUDIES
AVIONICS TECHNICAL STUDIES
GRAPHIC ARTS TECHNICAL STUDIES
Gainful Employment Information for CATC Programs
AC REFRIGERATION- RESIDENTIAL (TECHNICAL DIPLOMA)
BARBERING-STYLING (TECHNICAL DIPLOMA)
COSMETOLOGY (TECHNICAL DIPLOMA)
CULINARY ARTS (TECHNICAL DIPLOMA)
DRAFT_DESIGN TECHNICIAN (TECHNOLOGY DIPLOMA)
GRAPHICS (TECHNICAL DIPLOMA)
PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN (CERTIFICATE OF TECHNICAL STUDIES)
PRACTICAL NURSING (TECHNICAL DIPLOMA)