- About BRCC
- Grievance Form
Grievance is a complaint by a BRCC student involving an alleged misapplication or violation of any College policy or procedure that adversely impacts the student, or any other dispute within the College that directly impacts the student in adverse manners. A Grievance may include, but is not limited to, complaints alleging (a) mistreatment by a College employee, (b) errors in the assessment of fees or other financial obligations, (c) registration errors, and/or (d) loss of financial aid eligibility.
Student is an individual who is matriculated or otherwise enrolled to attend class full or part-time at BRCC.
This Grievance Form is not intended to address the following issues and disputes:
- Requests to review and challenge contents of student records will be processed according to the Student Privacy - FERPA Policy (Policy No. 5.571).
- Grievances or concerns involving harassment or discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or Vietnam-era veteran status will be processed according to College College’s Harassment Policy (Policy No. 220).
- Appeals of disciplinary actions will be handled as provided in the Student Code of Conduct (Policy No. 5.541).
- Appeals or petition regarding instructional or academic issues will be processed according to the Academic Appeals Procedure (Policy No. 1.4340).
- Grievances or concerns involving sex discrimination and sexual misconduct will be processed according to the College’s Title IX and Sexual Misconduct Policy (Policy No. 6.602).
- Complaints that, on their face, are not subject to possible resolution in a student grievance context. (An example would be a student complaint where the student's requested relief is prohibited by state or federal law.)